GIERING METAL FINISHING SILK SCREENING CAPABILITIES
- Silkscreen Department utilizes hand & semi-automatic printing systems
- Cylinder / cylindrical part / canister / tank screen printing capability
- Our screening ink suppliers offer a wide variety of colors, glosses & ink types to meet your marking needs.
- Our ink suppliers offer color & gloss matching services as a standard practice for inks in any Pantone Matching System (PMS) color , Munsell color, RAL color OR any custom color specific to your application when the standard material selections do not meet your requirements.
- We also offer stenciling, rubber stamping & other means of part marking.
– Military marking specs processed per MIL-STD-130 & A-A-56032.
Silk screening, or more commonly known these days as Screen Process Printing, is a clear & concise part marking process where ink is applied through a emulsion filled screen onto a clean non-recessed surface. Screens are made of fine mesh polyester or nylon (used to be silk) pulled tight on a frame. Customers provide artwork, preferably electronic, to make the film. Vectorized artwork is critical for clarity. Electronic artwork is normally submitted in eps (Adobe Illustrator) or pdf file formats. We then use this artwork to make films directly or may need to configure film layout if not provided in the artwork. If artwork is not provided, our design team can create artwork and typesets from scratch. once proofed, the film is used to shoot the screen. Film leaves open meshing through the emulsion of the screen where the ink can be pressed through onto surface for printing. The rest of the screen is left filled in with emulsion to prevent ink from depositing through screen where ink/artwork is not desired on surface.
We typically use 2 types of inks; enamels & thermoset inks. Thermo-Set Screen Ink is a high solids, high gloss solvent-based screen ink. A single component, cross linked product formulated for printing on pre-coated metal surfaces. exhibits excellent resistance to many solvents, chemicals, humidity and abrasion. specifically designed to provide maximum flexibility and inter-coat adhesion.
Enamel Screen Ink is a solvent-based enamel ink formulated to screen print on a wide range of hard-to-adhere-to surfaces such as glass, metal, wood and some plastics for outdoor signs and displays.