Subject: COVID19 Update
Dear Giering Metal Finishing Employees, Customers and Vendors,
Giering Metal Finishing, Inc is an “essential business”, providing finishing services to the Department of Defense, Agriculture & Medical industries. As uncertainty continues with the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we cautiously navigate our reactions to the situation. The health and safety of our employees, customers and vendors is a critical priority as we function in the workplace while practicing safe and effective procedures.
In order to manage this risk, we are following our Defense Control Plan, setting the following restrictions and precautions:
- Limiting our employees to the respective buildings in which they work.
- Limiting access to outside drivers delivering and picking up material & sales people.
- Limiting access to outside vendors to only those essential for production/equipment service.
- Limiting access to customers requiring on site quality assessment or job review.
- Limiting person to person exposure during break & lunchtime.
- Disinfecting/cleaning our facility & equipment throughout the day.
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ending usage of all vending machines.
- Having procedures in place for reacting to a situation if an employee tests positive for COVID19
Employees must remain calm and maintain proper hygiene at work and at home. Employees must practice social distancing and avoid contact with anyone sick or those who have traveled outside the state & especially outside United States mainland. Employees must abide by quarantine rules if applicable. We require that if an employee feels sick to please stay home and contact his/her medical professional immediately; test as necessary. Employees are preferred to be cleared by a medical professional & be fever free for 1-2 weeks before returning to work. Body temperatures may be requested upon return.
We will address compensation for any employees who test positive, directed by state and federal guidelines. We will send detailed information privately respecting HIPAA while protecting our other employees by implementing appropriate shut downs and disinfectant procedures. Our employees depend on our company for a source of income and we are doing everything possible to balance work and safety.
We assess the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily so we can continue to update and work with you as it evolves. We have been very diligent in our defense and I am proud of how well we have performed thus far.