- We have several compliant liquid painting lines to offer a wide range of production capability: fully automated liquid paint coating systems (overhead conveyor & chain-on-edge) for high volume jobs, semi-automated liquid paint coating systems for medium volume jobs and manual batch systems for short run jobs.
- Diverse equipment enables Giering Metal Finishing to paint one to millions of parts per order.
- Our liquid paint suppliers offer a wide variety of standard colors, glosses and chemistries readily available for both smooth and textured surfaces.
- Textured surfaces range from coarse to very fine.
- Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors, Munsell colors, RAL colors are offered in a wide variety of paint systems.
- Custom color matching services specific to your application are available. Unlike powder coatings, liquid paint systems can be provided to match any color or gloss without extended lead times, higher unit costs or minimum purchase quantities.
- See our Specifications page for a list of the Military, Automotive & OEM powder coating specifications that we process.
GIERING COMPLIANT LIQUID COATING CAPABILITIES
Liquid coating refers to the most traditional finishing application of wet paint. There are still many uses for wet spray applications: fancy finish colors unable to be reach via powder coating (like for autobody), specific texture patterns unique to paint, soft suede finishes, wood coatings, plastic coatings, and other non-bakable material finishes. Like painting your house, liquid paints offer the most abundant array of colors in any gloss (ie Pantone Matching System (PMS), Munsell, RAL & more) and can easily match custom appearances where as powder coats require minimum batches at fairly expensive prices.
Liquid coating systems can be smooth or textured. Textures can be applied in a variety of sizes ranging from fine, medium to rough/heavy texture and can also vary in population density. The texturizing process is a 2 step process; first a smooth base layer of paint is laid down as a foundation followed by a subsequent top coat layer of texture using lower air pressure settings & by thickening up the viscosity of the paint.
Laquer, latex, waterborne/water-based & oil based/solvent borne enamels, polyurethanes, acrylics, alkyds, epoxies, Teflons, dry film lubricants all fall under the wet spray category. Most military finishes are still wet spray like CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Coating).
Compliant paint systems are more environmentally friendly than non-compliant. Compliance is critical in the United States of America’s finishing industry and is regulated by the materials VOC rating. VOC stands for Volatile Organic Compounds and basically refers to the amount of solvents the material emits into the air when atomized by conventional spray equipment.